[R] testing for temperature differences between years and sites?

swertie v_coudrain at voila.fr
Tue Jan 31 13:34:22 CET 2012

Hello!

I have a dataset with monthly temperatures for 4 different years and I would
like to test if they are significantly different between the years. As I
collected the data for different sites I wondered if there were some
possibility to perform the calculation at once or if I have to repeat it for
each site.

I tried like this:

Model_Temp <- lmer(Temp ~Year + (1|Site)+(1|Month),na.action=na.omit, data=
MeanTemp)

But I am not sure at all if it is correct to put the sites as random factors
or if I have to do the calculation for each site separately. I am not
interested in correlation between sites, but only between years for each
different site.

Alternatively, can you indicate me some way to plot this?

Thank you very much