[R] Installing Rcompression package

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 13:50:25 CET 2012

On 30/01/2012 12:24, Jeremy MAZET wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I'm trying to install the Rcompression package under R-2.14.0 on a Windows
> plateform.
> I need it to use the Ropenoffice package
>
> Because there is no binary available, I'm trying to install it from source
> but I have always some error messages.
> I have installed zlib and Bzip2 softwares, defined  LIB_ZLIB and LIB_BZIP2
> variables and I have no space in my R home directories... but nothing tod
> do!
>
> Is there anyone who could help me?

Well, you have not even told us where you got either of those packages
from.  But as the posting guide told you, your first port of call is the
maintainer.

AFAIK these are Omegahat packages, and Omegahat often provides Windows
binaries for its packages.  So if they have chosen not to do so for
Rcompression, the maintainer may have a good reason.