[R] repeat function for entire list of matrices

pabears danssong at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 21:19:01 CET 2012

hi all.

perhaps someone can help me with subsetting here............

i'm trying to use the nested() function in the bipartite package.  my
problem is that i have a list of 10,000 matrices and i want the output to be
a vector of the nested() function on each of the 10,000 matrices (so i can
use these numbers in a statistical test).

here is what i'm working with currently:

#to store 10,000 matrices of null.distr() in listofmatrices
listofmatrices <- null.distr(10000,matrix_here,distr="lognormal")

#to select nth matrix from listofmatrices
nested(listofmatrices [[n]],method="binmatnest2")

so this give me an output for that one matrix i selected.  i want to
calculate the nested() value for ALL the matrices

since i have 10,000 matrices in listofmatrices, i dont want to have to
repeat this from n=1....9,999, 10,0000 and store each of the nested()
values.

any help???