[R] package does not have a NAMESPACE

Ondřej Mikula onmikula at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:51:41 CET 2012

Dear r-helpers,

I have a trouble with a package downloaded from sourceforge.net
(namely the package 'kopls'). I installed it from the local zip file
with the expected result
> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package ‘kopls’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
but when I tried to load it I obtained the following error message
> require(kopls)
Failed with error:  ‘package ‘kopls’ does not have a NAMESPACE and
should be re-installed’

I tried to contact its developers but with no reaction. Could anybody
give me an advice how to solve the problem on my own?
Many thanks in advance

Ondrej Mikula

--
Ondřej Mikula

Institute of Animal Physiology and Genetics
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Veveri 97, 60200 Brno, Czech Republic

Institute of Vertebrate Biology
Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
Studenec 122, 67502 Konesin, Czech Republic