[R] laod multichannel-audio-files with readWave (tuneR)

Alex Hofmann ahah at gmx.net
Fri Jan 27 11:04:20 CET 2012

Hi,

I have a huge collection of 6-channel .wav files containing audio and
sensor recordings, which I need to analyse, across all 6 channels.
I'm thinking about what will be easier to do.

1. Just split the channels in an external audio-editor and than read
each mono channel seperatly with readWave (from tuneR), or
2. inherite the readWave class and extend it to multichannel reading?

What do you think?

Best,
Alex

--
Alex Hofmann (Dipl.-Musikl.)
Institute of Musical Acoustics (Wiener Klangstil)