[R] x11() graphic device, displaying raster

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Wed Jan 25 12:45:44 CET 2012

Hello,

I am wondering about the X11() graphic device on Windows.
I try to plot a raster image but nothing gets displayed. I
found some pages where it is mentioned that x11() not
always supports raster rendering.
Is there any add on for x11, any update or any R-package
which solves that displaying problem in Windows?

What I try to test it is an example from the
package {raster}:

library(raster)
DEU_alt <- getData("alt", country="DEU", mask=TRUE)
x11()
plot(DEU_alt,axes=TRUE)

best regards,

/johannes