[R] R package dev: how to export constant?

cgenolin cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Wed Jan 25 11:17:48 CET 2012

Hi Jonas, hi the list

> Try adding
>   LazyData: yes
> to the DESCRIPTION file.

I am a bit surprise by this answer since I found in writing R extentions,
that lazydata is ignore since version 2.14.
But I have the same problem, I do not manage to export contants. So how can
I do that?

My constant is MAX_CLUST <- 26.

Shall I define it in a code in the /R/ directories, or in a /data/
directories? I try both, neither works...
Shall I mention it in NAMESPACE? How?
Is there a way to make this constant available as soon as the package will
be loaded without using data()?

Thanks
Christophe