[R] data extraction in R

crimsonengineer87 julianjonreyes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 15:01:53 CET 2012

All,

I currently have a dataset with a variety of different columns, let's say,
A,B,C, and D. I'd like to run an R script that graphs only certain rows of
the dataset based on what's in column A. In awk, it'd be something like:

awk ' { if(A==5 && B ==6) print $0 } ' datafile | command or file

Since I have just begun using R, I am unsure if awk is compatible in R or
how I would use an "if' statement as suggested above. I'd like to read in a
table of data, but while plotting, only plot a certain row based on certain
conditions (i.e. column A==6 and etc).

I would appreciate any input. And yes, I did a search of the forums, but was
still confused as the implementation. Thanks in advance.

Julian