[R] R not giving significance tests for coefficients/estimates?

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Jan 23 21:36:28 CET 2012

1. It's an interaction in a formula not a multiplication.

2. Read the Help file. It says to use ltsreg not lmsreg.

3. But no P values will be given anyway. The reason is that exact
distributions and therefore reliable P values or CI's for small
samples do not exist for these robust procedures (they would
undoubtedly depend on the algorithm's control parameters, anyway).
Only asymptotic results (I think).  I believe the bootstrap is often
used, but that of course may be problematic due to computational
considerations.

Cheers,
Bert