[R] converting a for loop into a foreach loop

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 14:47:22 CET 2012

If 'idh' is the set of indices resulting from the 'split', then your
function would probably have to look like this:

myfun <- function(x){
H.scv <- Hscv(data[x, ], pilot = "unconstr")
KDE <- kde(data[x, ], H=H.scv, approx.cont=TRUE)
}

This is based on your original example where 'data' was the object
name of your data.  You want to use the indices to access the relavent
rows in your data.  Not sure what your function is supposed to be
returning; right now it return the last value which would be the
result of the call to 'kde'.  If you want both results returned, then
the last statement should possibly be:

list(H.scv, KDE)

which will return the values in a list that you can then extract from.