[R] add1 GLM - Warning message, what does it mean?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 19 11:03:38 CET 2012

On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Jhope wrote:

> Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the warning message below
> the model means?

Which one?: there are two warnings!

1) most likely indicates that Rayos is a character variable.

2) indicates that you have missing values in the variables you are
trying to add, and so the fits were done on the cases which are
complete for all the variables included and the AICs are not
comparable.

Had we had the 'commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code'
we asked you for, this would have been much clearer.