[R] breakpoints and nonlinear regression

crimsonengineer87 julianjonreyes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:36:52 CET 2012

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I also had segmented and then I went away from
that. I can't remember. I've tried using it but I get some sort of strange
error. Here's some code ...

pavlu.glm <- glm(Na ~ yield, data=pavludata, family=gaussian)
pavlu.seg <- segmented(pavlu.glm, seg.Z=~yield, psi=1000,
control=seg.control(display=FALSE))

plot.series <- function()
{
plot(pavlu.seg)
plot(pavlu.seg, add=TRUE, linkinv=TRUE, lwd=2, col=2:3, lty=c(1,3))
lines(pavlu.seg, col=2, pch=19, bottom=FALSE, lwd=2)
}

jpeg("pavlu-cuttingsystem-segmented.jpg", width = 1000, height = 700, units
= "px")
plot.series()

## Turn off device driver (to flush output to JPG)
dev.off()

1. I don't think I'm doing my plotting right. I'm just not sure how that
works with segmented.
2. My error is something about an error in do.call(lines) and that the
maximum number of iterations has been reached. Am I missing something with
glm or lm?

Thanks again.