[R] R help

Poul Kristensen bcc5226 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 14:58:36 CET 2012

Hello Catarina Maia

I'm a beginner too!

And I ask questions and people are answering very kindly.
>From what I know up til now is that R is a competitor to the
very expensive SAS statistical software. R is free to use and is
developed by professors and Ph.d's.
As of my interest right now is R's interacting with databases like
PostgreSQL(free and opensource) and Oracle(_not_ free) getting
data in and out.
Furthermore I am trying to make R usefull handling Apachelogs.
R does not consume as much machine resources(RAM,CPU) as SAS software as
is faster handling "Big data".

I hope you are encouraged to stay with the list.

Regards
Poul