[R] breakpoints and nonlinear regression

crimsonengineer87 julianjonreyes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:39:48 CET 2012

Thanks for the comments everyone. I was hoping to not have to find someone in
the stats department ... well, we'll see.

So in response to Z's comment ... I have tried breakpoints(Na ~ yield) and I
did expect to get something continuous. The idea was to get two or three
linear functions making up the curve. And then from there, get a CI from
these lines. Of course, it wouldn't be good. (This is coming from a
non-stats guy ... I'm a civil engineer by degree and am now learning to be a
modeler as a grad student!). Do you know of any more examples of
breakpoints? The examples in the references are great, but I can't seem to
get it right.

Thanks again.