[R] net classification improvement?

Kevin E. Thorpe kevin.thorpe at utoronto.ca
Tue Jan 17 17:50:28 CET 2012

On 01/17/2012 07:16 AM, Essers, Jonah wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I think more the issue is whether it can be applied
> to cross-sectional data. This I'm not sure. This method is heavily cited
> in the New England Journal of Medicine, but thus far I've only seen it
> used with longitudinal data.

As I recall, the Pencina et al paper does not suggest it cannot be used
outside of longitudinal data.  In fact, I don't remember them using
longitudinal data at all.  So, unless I'm misunderstanding your
question, I think the function in Hmisc (whose name I always forget)
should be fine.

--
Kevin E. Thorpe
Biostatistician/Trialist,  Applied Health Research Centre (AHRC)