[R] Display numbers on map

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jan 17 15:35:43 CET 2012

On Jan 17, 2012, at 5:37 AM, Jeffrey Joh wrote:

> I have a text file with states and numbers.  I would like to display
> each number that corresponds to a state on a map.
>
> I am trying to use the maps package, but it doesn't show Alaska or
> Hawaii.  Do you have suggestions on how to do this?

This question suggests you are not yet aware of the search facility
built into R:

RSiteSearch("maps Hawaii Alaska" )
A search query has been submitted to http://search.r-project.org
The results page should open in your browser shortly

The third hit was back to the "map" function help page. (The examples
should be read and executed.)

?example

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]
And the above suggests you still need to read the following:

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT