[R] Error predict with lda and cross validation

Riccardo Romoli ric.romoli at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:54:31 CET 2012

Hi, I use the lda function from the MASS package to classify some
samples  according to some chemical properties. If I run lda without
cross validation all is ok but, if I run lda with cross validation,
the R consol say:

resLDA <- ldaRedOx <- lda(Activity ~ TRedOx[,1:6], CV=TRUE,
data=dfDataRedOx, subset=train)
predLDA <- predict(resLDA, newdata=dfDataRedOx[-train,])$class

 > predLDA <- predict(resLDA, newdata=dfDataRedOx[-train,])$class
Error in UseMethod("predict") :
   no applicable method for 'predict' applied to an object of class
"list"

How should I use predict  function with lda with the cross validation?

Best
Riccardo