[R] Calling Fortran from R: Issues with dynamic loading of fortran dll

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 09:03:45 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 12:09 AM, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3.  Find out what name got exported, and use .C instead of .Fortran to call
> that.

 For example, when compiling Fortran subroutines within modules, the
exported name on my system (gcc on Ubuntu of some flavour) becomes
__subroutinename_MOD_modulename. Calling .C on that works, I couldn't
find any variation on that using underscores or not that worked with
.Fortran. The help for .Fortran has a few words on this.

 Stick to FORTRAN-IV or that new kid on the block, FORTRAN77 :)

Barry