[R] ggExtra package installation fails

baptiste auguie baptiste.auguie at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 16 00:13:45 CET 2012

ggExtra was not compatible with the recent changes in ggplot2 and had
become partially redundant, so I removed it.

grid.arrange and arrangeGrob in gridExtra won't help with the
alignment of axes. align.plots, which I can always send you offlist if
you want, extracted the size of axes and legends from the plots and
adjusted a grid layout accordingly; it was basically a hack.

Kohske has been doing some good progress in properly aligning ggplot2
graphics, you could try his development branch @github (but I
understand it's at an experimental stage)
https://github.com/kohske/ggplot2

baptiste