[R] The Future of R | API to Public Databases

MK mkao006rmail at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 23:12:27 CET 2012

The WDI package on CRAN already provide access to the World Bank data
through their API, we also have an inhouse package for FAOSTAT here at
FAO but it is not mature enough to be released on CRAN yet.

Not sure about other international organisations but I do agree that it
would be nice if there is a package which would make these data more
readily to R users.