[R] error message in R 2.1.14 installation

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Jan 12 13:55:07 CET 2012

As Peter noted, you would need to install the readline-devel RPM and this is covered in the manual he referenced. Thus, via the command line, as root, you would want to use:

  yum install readline-devel

and that should resolve your problem.

In addition, Fedora 10 is around 3 years old and is no longer supported as a distribution for updates. That was the last version of Fedora that I ran before moving to OSX. Fedora has since released up through version 16. Fedora updates roughly twice per year and each version is only supported for about 13 months after release. You should really upgrade your computer to a newer version.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz