[R] 2D filter in R?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Jan 12 01:08:10 CET 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 6:21 PM, Michael wrote:

> Okay thanks guys!
>
> I was actually looking for image processing libraries in R.
>
> Specifically, I am looking for something like "filter2d" for
> images(pixels)...
>
> (speed is not a concern for me, since my images are really small,
> 200x200,
> etc.)
>
> And in fact, these are not images, these are 2d matrix numbers(i.e.
> numbers
> in a matrix format), I just wanted to smooth them.
>
> Any more pointers?

Besides the huge amount of spatial regression material that you should
have found by looking up links from the 'spatstat' citation (and the
Geospatial Task View:  http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/
Spatial.html), you should consider looking for packages and websites
the deal with functional MRI (fMRI). I also think there may be value
in looking at package 'locfit' and the 'mgcv' package, although they
may need special coercion to apply the kernels you expressed interest
in using.

On my machine this brings up the biOps package:

??"image processing"

And this is the same search with RSiteSearch

201 hits from:
http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%22image+processing%22&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=functions&idxname=Rhelp08&idxname=Rhelp10&idxname=Rhelp02

--
David.