[R] Storing/Restoring R objects

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Wed Jan 11 23:40:14 CET 2012

On Jan 11, 2012, at 5:16 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012, David Winsemius wrote:
>
>> Then R will not find it. (Actually there will be no .RData file
>> until R
>> executes save.image() at the end of the session. R does not create
>> a fresh
>> .RData at the beginning of a session.)
>
> David,
>
> That's good to know.
>
>>> Could I then specify which .RData file should be available on
>>> demand?
>>
>> ?Startup
>
> I'll read this.
>
>> You can have different ,RData files in different directories.
>
> I can make this work. Create different subdirectories for each project
> portion and start R from the appropriate one.

It may work better to set up a .Rprofile file in those directories to
establish the working directory pointer and do any other project
specific tasks.

(Rich;
I usually send mail to both the list and the author of the posting I
am responding to but I am getting static from my ISP about that
address you are sending from.)

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT