[R] package sampling

Thomas Lumley tlumley at uw.edu
Sun Jan 8 20:52:23 CET 2012

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM, blueberry1228 <blueberry1228 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> After trouble shooting for a long time, believe me it's  miserable, I
> finally found: There's conflict between Hmisc and sampling packages.
>
> I suggest if strata pops unusual error like this, you should check if your
> libraries are incompatible with each other.

Not quite:

1. It's not Hmisc, it's survival, which Hmisc uses.

2. If you have 'sampling' loaded and then load 'survival', you get a warning
The following object(s) are masked from ‘package:sampling’:

    cluster, strata

Similarly, if you have 'survival' loaded and then load 'sampling', you
get a warning
The following object(s) are masked from ‘package:survival’:

    cluster, strata

The warning tells you that two packages have defined cluster() and
strata() functions, and which one is currently the default.

   -thomas

--
Thomas Lumley
Professor of Biostatistics