[R] cannot find package in Packages>>Install Packages

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Jan 8 13:28:49 CET 2012

At 10:21 08/01/2012, Bill wrote:
>Hi. I am trying to install a package called DMwR
>http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/DMwR/index.html
>located here:
>http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/DMwR_0.2.1.zip
>on windows 7.
>I am using R 2.10.1.
>I also tried typing something like this but it did not work well.
>install.packages(c("
>http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/r-release/DMwR_0.2.1.zip
>"),repos="http://cran.r-project.org",dependencies=TRUE)
>
>Can someone tell me
>1. Why it is not available on the various mirrors?
>2. How can I install it locally or using the install.packages() command but
>get all the dependencies as well.

Telling us what error message it gave would have been a good idea.

?install.packages tells us that the first parameter to install.packages is

character vector of the names of packages whose current versions
should be downloaded from the repositories.

If repos = NULL, a character vector of file paths of '.zip' files
containing binary builds of packages. With suitable tools installed
(see the 'Details' below) source directories or '.tar.gz' archives
may also be installed.

If this is missing or a zero-length character vector, a listbox of
available packages is presented where possible.

I do not think this is what you have done

You should also update your version of R

Michael Dewey
info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
http://www.aghmed.fsnet.co.uk/home.html