[R] how to print km square in the form of km2

Rolf Turner rolf.turner at xtra.co.nz
Wed Feb 29 22:38:34 CET 2012

On 01/03/12 10:27, Elaine Kuo wrote:
> Hello Rolf,
>
> Thank you for the response.
>
> I tried your command but it did not work.
>  plot(1:10,ylab="y",xlab=expression(plain(km)^2))
>
> Please kindly advise any other method to make "2" in km2 become a
> uppercase number.
> Thanks again.

The expression ``uppercase number'' makes no sense.

     DO YOU MEAN ``superscript''?

     If so, say so.  I.e. use the correct terminology or no-one can help
you.

Anyway the command works for me.  I.e. it gives me the "2" as a
***superscript***.

If you indeed want a superscript, then you must be doing something
strange, or there is
something strange about your setup.

Can you tell/show me *exactly* what you did?

If you don't want a superscript please make it clear what you *do* want.
As I said "uppercase number" makes no sense at all.

     cheers,

         Rolf