[R] How to compare two curve model

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Sat Feb 25 16:49:37 CET 2012

You need to combine all the data into one set and add another
variable, call it "dataset," with values 1 and 2. Then you can fit a
model to this **one combined" dataset that has an additive term for
"dataset," and, if you care to, test it for significance. However, as
usual, that probably will not be of much scientific value. I contend
that tests of significance mean little unless used in preplanned and
appropriately powered studies. Most statisticians would probably
characterize this contention as nuts, however, so feel free to ignore
it.

 If you don't understand what I said, seek local counsel.

-- Bert