[R] listing array after loop

Petr Savicky savicky at cs.cas.cz
Fri Feb 24 20:23:34 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 09:48:16AM -0800, uday wrote:

> I want to create r object from my data set.
> I have several data files  and I would like to read individual parameter
> from file and save all 10 files parameter in a single array
> e.g
> setwd("/temp/")
> file_s <- list.files(path = ".", pattern = "0b.was", all.files = FALSE,
>                     full.names = FALSE, recursive = FALSE, ignore.case =
> FALSE)
>   lat       <- NULL
>   lon      <- NULL
>   ch4        <- NULL
> for ( i in 1:10) {
>           data            <-   read.table(file_s[i],header=TRUE,skip=55 )
>           lat[i]           =     data[,7] # latitude
>           temp.lon  = data[,8] # longitude
> # the longitude data is in 360 degree format need to convert to -180 to 180
>           lon[i]         =  ((temp.lon+180) %% 360 ) - 180
>           ch4[i]        =  data[,45] # ch4
> }
>
> save (lat,lon,ch4, file="myData.RData"")
>
> but some how it does not work .

Hi.

If you get an error message, please, send it. If you get a
result, but it differs from what you expect, explain, what
is wrong. At the first glance, i do not see anything
suspicious. However, i do not know, what is the contents
of the files file_s[i] and whether the number of file
names in file_s is at least 10.

Petr Savicky.