[R] Poblems wih EBImage

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 24 15:15:26 CET 2012

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, diyanah wrote:

> hello,
>
> I think my EBImage is succesfully unpacked using R and I receive this
> message

On Windows it seems, but EBImage is a Bioconductor package and they
have their own lists.

> package 'EBImage' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>        C:\Users\Yana-Chan\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp7VFmH5\downloaded_packages
>
> but when I try to call the library, I receive this
>
>> library("EBImage")
> Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
>  unable to load shared object 'C:/Program
> Files/R/R-2.13.2/library/EBImage/libs/i386/EBImage.dll':
>  LoadLibrary failure:  The specified module could not be found.
>
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'EBImage'
>
> Do you have an explanation what went wrong?

You didn't read the documentation.  EBImage needs appropriate
versions of ImageMagick and Gtk+ in your PATH: the information is in
the vignette EBImage-installation.pdf .  (At least in the version of
EBImage I looked at the vignette was not very accurate.)