[R] Using R to read Nortek Aquadopp Profiler

Brian Diggs diggsb at ohsu.edu
Thu Feb 23 19:40:11 CET 2012

On 2/22/2012 4:53 PM, Vinny Moriarty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have current data from a nortek ADP, which is basically current speed and
> direction data in a 3 dimensional  X Y Z format
>
>   http://www.nortekusa.com/usa/products/current-profilers/aquadopp-profiler-1
>

> The instrument logs data in a complex way and I was wondering if anyone has
> had any experience using R to at least read the data, and perhaps smooth it
> as well.  If so, are there any resources for using R for this kind of work?

A quick search using Rseek.org turns up the oce package with functions
read.adp and read.adp.nortek. I've not ever worked with such data, but
looking at the oce package seems like a good start and also at the
Environmetrics task view (
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Environmetrics.html ).

> Thanks,

Brian S. Diggs, PhD
Senior Research Associate, Department of Surgery
Oregon Health & Science University