[R] changing time span

phillen phlentner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:09:44 CET 2012

hi there!
i am desperately in need for help.

i have read in data:
qthm=read.csv("qthm.csv",sep=";",header=TRUE)
 then created time series ie
m2=ts(log(qthm$m2), start=c(1959, 1), frequency=4)
transformed these time series in zoo variables
qthmz=merge.zoo(diff(mbase),diff(m2),diff(cpi),diff(rgdp))

Now I want to analyse these date, but for different periods. How to I create
new time series or zoo variables with a shorter time span ie from 1959.00 to
1979.75 only?

I have already read through several possibilities but nothing seems to work
well for my case, what do you recommend?

kind regards, phillen