[R] Good and modern Kernel Regression package in R with auto-bandwidth?

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Thu Feb 23 03:35:29 CET 2012

Bert's question aside (I was going to ask about laundry, but that's much harder than taxes...), my understanding of the situation is that "optimal" is in the eye of the beholder.  There were at least two schools of thought on which is the better way of automatically selecting bandwidth, using plug-in methods or CV-type.  The last I check, the jury is still out.

Andy