[R] help error: In dweibull(x, shape, scale, log) : NaNs produzidos

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Feb 21 16:36:37 CET 2012

On Feb 21, 2012, at 9:24 AM, Vanúcia Schumacher wrote:

> Guys,
> I'm having an error when I use the command:
> library(MASS)> dados<-read.table("inverno.txt",header=FALSE)>
> vento50<-fitdistr(dados[[1]],densfun="weibull")Mensagens de aviso
> perdidas:1: In dweibull(x, shape, scale, log) : NaNs produzidos2: In
> dweibull(x, shape, scale, log) : NaNs produzidos3: In dweibull(x,
> shape, scale, log) : NaNs produzidos4: In dweibull(x, shape, scale,
> log) : NaNs produzidos5: In dweibull(x, shape, scale, log) : NaNs
> produzidos6: In dweibull(x, shape, scale, log) : NaNs produzidos>
> vento50     shape        scale     0.61473436   2.43536064
> (0.01895222) (0.13202750)

It's not an error, it's only a warning, at least to the level of my
ability to read Spanish.

It suggests you managed to send negative or infinite numbers to
dweibull, a distribution which only supports values when given
positive, finite numbers. Look at your data more closely.

And learn to post in plain text. HTML does a poor job of communication.

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT