[R] HOW to use the survivalROC to get optimal cut-off values?

alexiamelissa alexiamelissa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 06:08:29 CET 2012

I have a follow up question to Dr Winsemius' post.  You can use the AIC
criterion against all possible cut off values C to see which minimizes the
AIC and then that is the ideal cut off in trying to dichotomize a continuous
variable.  What I am wondering here is, does the survivalROC package, or any
other package in R or function in SAS compute this?  I have been reading and
this does not seem to be addressed anywhere so please point me in the right
direction.

Thanks,
Alexia