[R] Matrix algebra in R to compute coefficients of a linear regression.

John Sorkin JSorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Sat Feb 18 14:59:32 CET 2012

Mark
Thank you!
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

>>> Mark Leeds <markleeds2 at gmail.com> 2/18/2012 8:55 AM >>>
Hi John: I don't understand what you're doing ( not saying that it's wrong.
I just don't
follow it ). Below is code for computing the coefficients using the matrix
way I follow.
Others may understand what you're doing and be able to fix it so I wouldn't
just
use below immediately.

xprimex <- solve(t(data[,1:2]) %*% data[,1:2])
xprimey <- t(data[,1:2]) %*% data[,3]

betas <- xprimex %*% xprimey
print(betas)