[R] Is there a function for scatter3d with Categorical responses?

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Feb 16 15:02:45 CET 2012

Dear Steve,

It's not obvious to me what you want to do. If you want ellipsoids for
MeanAnnualDepth, Hydroperiod, and MedianWet, which sound as if they are
numeric variables, separately for each VegtypeID, which is presumably a
factor with several sets of measurements for each value, then
MeanAnnualDepth ~ Hydroperiod + MedianWet | VegtypeID, should work (and you
can suppress the regression surface). BTW, after specifying data=CSSS, you
don't have to index variables explicitly in the data frame, e.g., as
CSSS$VegtypeID.

I hope this helps, but I suspect that I don't really understand what you
want to do.

Best,
 John

John Fox