[R] Plotting monthly maps from yearly data

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 21:18:05 CET 2012

..... you don't really consider this a well formed question do you?

(Among others:)

What immediately comes to mind:

i) Plotting engine? (base, lattice, or ggplot2)
ii) When you mean "maps" are we to understand you have
four-dimensional (latitude + longitude + time + value) data? Or are
you using map in another sense (i.e., a function maps one set of
values to another)
iii) Is facetting acceptable? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_multiple)
iv) How is your data currently structured? (See the first link above)
v) Can you plot a single map already and are asking how to do multiple
plots on the same device?
vi) http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried/