[R] Error in rep.int(boxwex, n) : negative length vectors are not allowed

carol white wht_crl at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 16:46:52 CET 2012

Dear All,
I tried to invoke plot for a matrix of 196475 x2 dimension. I loaded the data with read.table. On one dimension, there are strings (names) and on the other dimension, the floats between 0 and 1. When I invoked plot by setting x to names and y to floats and ylim = c(0,1), I got the following error message:

Error in rep.int(boxwex, n) : negative length vectors are not allowed

Does it come from the large-size dimension of the matrix and which vectors get a negative length?

Best,

Carol