[R] question

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:19:19 CET 2012

Sorry about that -- forgot the case where you might only have a
certain entry once: try this,

sapply(split(GS, rownames(GS)), function(x) colSums(as.matrix(x)))

or

sapply(split(GS, rownames(GS)), function(x) if(is.matrix(x)) colSums(x) else x)

I'm not sure if there's a way to force split to give you matrix
elements back but it would be nice.

Michael

PS -- It's nice to cc the list on follow up questions as well so
others have a chance to answer and you get a quicker reply (since
there are R-helpers in most every timezone, many of whom know much
more R-fu than me.)