[R] How indices calculated in package "boot"

538280 at gmail.com 538280 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:49:31 CET 2012

In your second example the boot function will still generate its
random indicies before your internal function calls sample, so the
seed will be different when you call sample from what you originally
set it to.  If you really want to know what the boot function does,
look at its code (it does some things to try and be more efficient
which might give different results than a simpler version).