[R] sample points - sp package

anaraster rrasterr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:39:57 CET 2012

When I make a sample in sp, for example a random samping of 5 points in
dataset1:

sample.dataset1=spsample(dataset1, n = 5, "random")

I have a sp object for the selected sampling...

My question is : How can I extract from dataset2 the points & data for the
coordinates(sample.dataset1) ?

The dataset2 would be an object with the same area and coordinate system,
but I would like to extract for the coordinates of sample.dataset1 the data
in each point for dataset2.

I didn't found a way to do this in the sp package docs, but I might have
missed it.