[R] Writing to a file

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:45:43 CET 2012

You don't say how you are writing to a file, but some methods have an
append = TRUE option that might be helpful.

Your code looks really inefficient as well: I don't have time to look
at it fully now, but it seems to me that you can vectorize the inner
loops quite directly:

for(j in ncol(y)){
   if(y[i,j]=="Func_0005515"){
       counter = counter + 1 }
   }
}

could become

counter = counter + sum(y[i, ] == "Func_0005515")

Michael