[R] effect function (effects package)

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Feb 4 15:22:18 CET 2012

Dear Eileen,

You apparently misunderstand what the effect() function does; it computes
fitted values and their standard errors under the model (by default in a GLM
on the scale of the response) at specific combinations of values of the
predictors (e.g., letting two interacting predictors range over their
combinations of values while others are held to their means). Details are
provided in the references given in ?effect; see in particular the 2003
Journal of Statistical Software article at
<http://www.jstatsoft.org/v08/i15>.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox