[R] sqldf for Very Large Tab Delimited Files

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 01:42:27 CET 2012

Exactly what does "crashed" mean?  What was the error message?  How
you tried to put:

rm(Lines)
gc()

at the end of the loop to free up and compact memory?  If you watch
the performance, does the R process seem to be growing in terms of the
amount of memory that is being used?  You can add:

memory.size()

before the above statements to see how much memory is being used.
This is just some more elementary debugging that you will have to
learn when using any system.