[R] Windows 7 installation of .qz package from SourceForge

Prew, Paul Paul.Prew at ecolab.com
Thu Feb 2 18:03:44 CET 2012

Thank you Duncan,  the 2nd instructions worked. The both probably would have worked, but I had some code (below) that threw an error.  It's designed to automatically set the internet connection to my Windows setting, so R would know the proxy server used at my worksite.  I had seen this suggestion in the archives of R-Help.  However, this code in the R-2.14.0/etc./Rprofile.site file wasn't being recognized as a valid command, so I commented it out (the code works fine when I run it in the RGUI).  Thanks again, Paul

# use the proxy settings for Windows/IE:
setInternet2(TRUE)

Paul Prew  |  Statistician
651-795-5942   |   fax 651-204-7504
Ecolab Research Center  | Mail Stop ESC-F4412-A
655 Lone Oak Drive  |  Eagan, MN 55121-1560