[R] ADVERT: two courses in R programming

Thomas Lumley tlumley at uw.edu
Wed Feb 1 20:19:27 CET 2012

Ken Rice and I will give a course on advanced R programming in two
locations this summer.

1. In Edinburgh, June 13-15 (the week before the International
Conference in Quantitative Genetics). See http://www.eisg2012.org.uk/

2. In Seattle, July 23-25, as part of the Summer Institute in
Statistical Genetics. See
http://www.biostat.washington.edu/suminst/sisg/general

The course is about 60% lecture and 40% lab session (BYO R), covering
graphics, the S3 and S4 object systems, SQL and netCDF for large
datasets, reading and writing XML, and calling C code. It is designed
for people who are already familiar either with R or with programming
in other languages.

[We will also give an introductory R course aimed at genetic analyses
in Seattle, July 9-11. If you read r-help, you probably aren't the
target audience for this, but you might know people who are.]

   -thomas

--
Thomas Lumley
Professor of Biostatistics