[R] how to generate response variables using simple regression

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 04:46:19 CEST 2012

Hi Elaine,

As posed, your question is rather difficult to respond to properly.
I'd imagine the answer is the predict() function, but you'll probably
want to rephrase if that's not enough to get what you want. What
worries me is that I would be inclined to model your bird species as
categorical variables (or perhaps use mixed models) so I'm not sure
it's valid to extrapolate to different species.

As far as asking questions in a technical forum goes, here are two
helpful general links:

www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
http://mattgemmell.com/2008/12/08/what-have-you-tried/

and some R specific advice here: