[R] [Rd] Suggestion for "Writing R Extensions"

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 17:37:51 CEST 2012

On 12-08-22 5:32 PM, Rui Barradas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It makes sense. And should be easy to change.

I don't think it is easy to change.  The Extensions manual doesn't have
access to the numbering (er, lettering) of appendices in the other
manual.  So we'd have to hard code A and D, and we don't like to do
that, because at some point someone will edit the Admin manual, adding
or removing an appendix and changing those letters, and there will be no
hint that the Extensions manual needs a corresponding edit.

Duncan Murdoch