[R] loading both RPostgreSQL and RSQLite leads to problems

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Aug 23 21:38:31 CEST 2012

On 08/22/2012 01:35 PM, Jon McAuliffe wrote:
> hello,
>
> if i load the RSQLite package in addition to the RPostgreSQL package,
> i get various errors when trying to use RPostgreSQL functions. here is
> an example transcript showing one such error:

> R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
> [...]
>> packageVersion('RPostgreSQL')
> [1]  0.3.2
>> packageVersion('RSQLite')
> [1]  0.11.1
>> library(RPostgreSQL)
>> dbDriver('PostgreSQL')
> <PostgreSQLDriver:(32540)>
>> library(RSQLite)
>> dbDriver('PostgreSQL')
> Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
>   unable to find an inherited method for function "show", for signature "PostgreSQLDriver"

Hi Jon --

It seems like this has been addressed in the devel version of R

 > library(RSQLite)
 > library(RPostgreSQL)
 > dbDriver("PostgreSQL")
An object of class "PostgreSQLDriver"
Slot "Id":
[1] 12355

 > sessionInfo()
R Under development (unstable) (2012-08-20 r60336)
Platform: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu (64-bit)

locale:
  [1] LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8       LC_NUMERIC=C
  [3] LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8        LC_COLLATE=en_US.UTF-8
  [5] LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8    LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8
  [7] LC_PAPER=C                 LC_NAME=C
  [9] LC_ADDRESS=C               LC_TELEPHONE=C
[11] LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=C

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] RPostgreSQL_0.3-2    RSQLite_0.11.1       DBI_0.2-5