[R] Some kind of inverse of "names"

Peter Vorpahl peter.vorpahl at uni-potsdam.de
Tue Aug 21 00:31:54 CEST 2012

Hi Sergio,
'names' are just an attribute of your list.
If all elements of your list are of the same type (i.e. integer in your
example) you may try something like 'unlist (li)' or even
'as.numeric(unlist(li))'.
This will give you the values you wanted.
An other approach is organizig your data not as a list but as a named
vector by simply using concatenate:

li <- c(a=1, b=2, c=3, d=4)

This will create a named integer vector (at least I think so) and you
will receive the data by calling 'li'.
Hope this helped you a little.
Peter